serves: 4 Details
- 1 tablespoon chopped chipotle chiles in adobo, or more to taste
- 1 (1 1⁄4-pound) flank steak, about 1" thick
- 2 large romaine lettuce leaves, shredded
- 2 medium plum tomatoes, chopped
- 1 tablespoon reduced-fat sour cream
- 2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 4 (8-inch) whole-wheat wraps
15 g total fat (5 g sat)
27 g carbohydrate
36 g protein
8 g fiber
580 mg sodium
- Rub chiles onto both sides of steak; place steak in a resealable plastic bag and let marinate at room temperature for 1 hour.
- Heat the broiler and broiler pan for 10 minutes. Place steak on broiler pan and cook for 4 to 5 minutes per side for medium-rare. Remove from the broiler, transfer to a cutting board, and let steak rest for 5 minutes. Cut into thin slices across the grain.
- In a medium bowl, combine lettuce, tomatoes, sour cream, lime juice, and salt.
- Heat wraps in the oven or microwave according to package directions. Divide lettuce mixture and steak evenly among wraps, roll up, and serve.
Recipe from the South Beach Diet