In the past couple of weeks I've been doing research on many health topics, and found a very interesting article. 12 in 2012: Doctor-Prescribed New Year's Resolutions is (not surprisingly) about 12 New Year's resolutions that should be on everyone's list. They are:
1. Monitor your blood pressure
2. Quit smoking
3. Exercise 30 minutes a day
4. Lower your cholesterol
5. Get a diabetes screening
6. Control your portions
7. Get a flu shot
8. Take the stairs whenever possible
9. Sleep at least 7 hours a night
10. Eat whole grains, not refined flour
11. For women, perform a self breast exam every month
12. Spend more time with family and friends
After reading the article several times over I couldn't help but feel stunned, and surprised by these simple resolutions. A healthy lifetsyle isn't always easy, but the resoltuions on this list are the basic health precautions people should take regularly. These resolutions were created because human beings take life for granted.
We, as a people, take our health for granted.
This list of New Year's resolutions are not obstacles, nor are they mind boggling. In fact, they are commonplace. For 2012 make the New Year's resolution to appreciate your life and health. If you can do this, every other New Year's resolution will fall into place.